The Irish Social Science Data Archive (ISSDA) is Ireland's leading centre for quantitative data acquisition, preservation and dissemination. Based at, and managed by, UCD Library, it is a national service that provides free access to a wide range of data in the social sciences, for research and teaching purposes. Data is acquired from academic, research bodies and public sector sources.
Key datasets in health include:
- All Ireland Traveller Health Study
- Children's Sport Participation and Physical Activity (CSPPA)
- Survey of Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC)
- National Psychological Wellbeing and Distress Study (NPWDS)
The Irish Qualitative Data Archive (IQDA) is a central access point for qualitative social science data generated in or about Ireland. Based in NUI Maynooth, it is a national programme and qualitative datasets interviews, pictures and other non-numerical material.
Data collections include:
- Growing Up in Ireland
- Life Histories and Social Change
- New Urban Living