- Men die, on average, four and a half years younger than women do
- Males have higher death rates than women for all of the leading causes of death
- Poor lifestyles are responsible for a high proportion of chronic diseases
- Late presentation to health services leads to a large number of problems becoming untreatable
Some useful resources on men's health include:
- The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) provides an A-Z of men's health with general information on men's health topics as well as links to relevant publications and reports.
- Irishhealth.com has a section dedicated to Men's health
- The State of Men's Health in Europe (2011) - a report by the European Commission comparing men's health within and between European countries
- RCSI has access to a number of resources which may be of interest;. Searching RCSI library's Clinical Key database for 'men's health' will provide you with detailed information on the topic from a number of sources including ebooks and journals. You can access Clinical Key through the 'Find Articles: Databases' section of the library's website.